Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Grad Gift Idea

My "little" (3 years younger but a whole foot taller than me) cousin starts college this week. Do you have any clue how old that makes me feel?? For his birthday last month, I made him a "College Survival Kit" with things that I thought he might be able to use. This would also work well as a graduation gift for high school seniors.

I included:
  • Goldfish (pizza flavored... figured that a hungry college guy would like it)
  • Febreeze (probably won't use it)
  • Disinfectant spray (again, probably won't use it. This is a guy we're talking about)
  • DVD
  • pens
  • popcorn
  • 6 packs of Ramen noodles (the epitome of college food)
  • 3 cans of Red Bull
  • a card game
  • battery operated alarm clock
  • bandaids (Spiderman ones!)
  • 2 packs of candy
I put everything in a laundry basket and decorated it with tissue paper and bows in his college's colors. The sign says "College Survival Kit. Good luck next year! Love, Ainsley"

No comments:

Post a Comment