Sunday, October 9, 2011

A Weekend of Normal

This weekend, I went home. As in home home. As in not my apartment home.

It was nice.

Bella the Kitty came with. I wish you could have seen how excited Hershey was when I got Bella out of the car.

Last night I went to our high school's band contest. Band is one thing about high school that I actually miss. I love the sense of unity that we had. I felt so connected to everyone in band. So I really enjoyed watching the contest. One band did a Harry Potter themed show. I was amazed, because, well, you know how Harry obsessed I am. Our band got a high II rating. The highest you can get is a I. The lowest is a V. But I have never seen that rating given, not ever, in all the years I've been watching band contests. If you get a I you qualify for State. We did it my junior year and it is one of my best memories from high school. We worked so hard for that. I hope the kids this year get that same experience. They still have a few more chances to earn that I. Good luck guys!

Today I taught Sunday School. I teach the preschool class. Today, it was just me and one little girl, C. We colored pictures and learned about King Solomon.

Then, I went back to the house and just chilled. It was nice. Sometimes you need to just chill. I am back in my apartment now, still chilling. Before the crazyness of Week 6 begins.

I hope you all had a nice chill-filled weekend, too. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment