Saturday, June 4, 2011

Super Summer Saturdays: Summer Movie Review (SPOILER ALERT)

Is it just me, or does it seem like all of the good movies are released during the summer months? While there's nothing I love more than being outside by the pool, spending an evening at the theater is a great way to beat the heat (or rain).

As part of my Super Summer Saturdays series, I will be writing reviews of some of the biggest summer movies.

Today, I will review the Hangover Part II. Perhaps the most anticipated movie of the summer, this raunchy comedy did not disappoint. Ed Helms (Stu), Bradley Cooper (Phil) and Zach Galifinakis (Alan) are comedic geniuses. When we last saw this troublesome trio, they were creating chaos on the streets of Las Vegas. This time, they're hitting up Bangkok, Thailand.

Alan's one-liners are instant quotable classics. ("What is this, A PF Changs", "I'm a Stay at Home Son", "My uncle said he once saw an albino polar bear").
All of the favorite supporting characters make appearances, too, including Mike Tyson and the infamous Mr. Chow.

Yes, there were some key plot points that were very similar to the first movie. A stolen animal, for example. The first time it was a tiger, this time a monkey. Then there's the lost friend. First Doug, now Teddy. Some people were disappointed in the similarities, but I still found it to be a good movie overall.

I won't say much more. You'll have to go watch it for yourself to see what other crazy shenanigans the guys get into this time. Let me know what you think!

PS: I added tags to the bottom of my posts so now you can see all of my Super Summer Saturday (or straw bales, or pets) related posts in one place! Happy Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment