Sunday, March 27, 2011

That's not a Teddy

So, there have been some bear sightings in my hometown.

I'm not talking about "the other side of town" either.

No way.

This bear (which I'm told is over 6 feet tall when it stands on its back legs) has been making appearances about 1/4 mile up the road from me.

Now, we do live close to the woods, but until now the only woodland critters that I've seen get close to houses have been deer, raccoons and the occasional coyote.

But now there's this bear.

I'm afraid to let my cat outside by herself now because I don't want her to get eaten or attacked. I heard from a friend of a friend that it ate someone's dog. I'm hoping positive that that is just a rumor.

It likes to walk around on porches though. That is not a rumor. My grandma's friend found bear tracks on her porch and the people from the forrest center confirmed that they were indeed bear tracks (duh! what else could they have been????)

I don't know what the forrest center/wildlife control is going to do about it right now. But if I see it, I will definately take a picture to share with you.

One thing is for sure... this is not a fluffy or cutsey teddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment