Friday, July 29, 2011

This One Time At Band Camp

The other night, I went to visit my high school's band camp. They were having a cookout that was mostly for their parents but former band members were invited too.

I can't even begin to describe the flood of memories that filled my heart when I pulled into the driveway of that place. Like bombarding the guys with water balloons, stealing the director's underwear and freezing them, shaving cream fights, silly made up songs, late nights of just talking, the senior dinner, dances, crazy American Pie-worthy quotes, it goes on and on.

Band is one of the few parts about high school that I can honestly say that I miss. When I was with the band, I felt like I belonged. I felt included. When we (FINALLY) made it to State my junior year, I felt like I was a part of something bigger than myself. That is just one of the many gifts that band gave me.

No comments:

Post a Comment