Friday, June 22, 2012

Summer Movie Review: Rock of Ages

(SPOILER ALERT)

Ok so I was very, very, very excited to see Rock of Ages. I love 80s hair bands and have been convinced for quite some time that I should have been born in '81 rather than '91. I went with my mom this past weekend and it did not disappoint.

It's a musical. Set in LA in 1987. As soon as they started singing Sister Christian just a few minutes into the movie, I knew it was going to be a good one. You'll also hear hits from Journey, Guns N Roses, and soo many more.

Loved: Julianne's amazing hair. The super epic soundtrack. The adorable love story. The clothes. Tom Cruise. The humor. The (almost) tearjerking scenes. The cool (albeit a little cheesy) dancing. Everything, basically.

Even if you aren't a fan of all things 80s, I think that you would really enjoy this movie. I give it an overall grade of A+ and reccomend it for anyone ages 14 and up. Go see it! Now!
____________________
In other news.... you've may have noticed my absence over the last week. I'm back in class. Two classes for four weeks, and then another two classes for four weeks. On top of that, I'm also trying to squeeze in some work. I've been busy to say the least. I'll try to get some more posts up next week. Don't forget that if you have any summer-y things that you'd like to guest post about, please let me know. I'd love to feature you!

No comments:

Post a Comment